- Preferred contact methods:
- Tumblr – astudyinsolitude-writes
Email – email@example.com
Discord – astudyinsolitude #9631
Will create works that contain:
End result must be happy ending (fluff, hurt/comfort, angst with a happy ending, etc)
Can also include: AUs (canon fix-it, modern, shrinkyclinks/shrunkycluncks, soulmate/soulbond, fantasy/companion animals… I love AUs), NSFW, BDSM/ABO, polyamory, genderswap character, trans character, asexual character, neuroatypical character (depressioN/Anxiety/bipolar/AUtism/etc)
- Will not create works that contain:
- Awkwardness as humor, cheating/infidelity (or thoughts of), major character death (other than canon), rape by a main character, evil main character, certain kinks (waterplay/scat/daddy kink/littles/humiliation)
Ratings: Teen, Mature, Explicit
Will create works for the following relationships:
James “Bucky” Barnes/Steve Rogers – MCU
Clint Barton/Phil Coulson – MCU, Fraction Hawkeye
Matt Murdock/Franklin “Foggy” Nelson – MCU
Peter Parker/Wade Wilson – Deadpool movieverse, TASM, MCU
Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson – MCU
James “Bucky” Barnes/Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson – MCU
Steve Rogers/Tony Stark – MCU
Eddie Brock/Venom – Venom movieverse
Captain America fandom gen – MCU
Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse fandom gen – SM:ITS
- Work Description:
- I predominately do spelling/grammar checks and continuity (scene pacing/character actions/dialogue). I tend to provide a thorough commentary, touching on everything I notice regardless of how minor it is and letting my author decide which changes to accept. I never intend to be harsh and will never be upset/annoyed/any negative reaction to my author choosing not to use any of my suggestions! I always want to keep communications open and honest, so since I frequently return works covered in comments/suggestions I am probably not the right beta for you if you primarily need encouragement/pointing out things that worked well (though I always do, with enthusiasm!!). I am only here to support you and help your work grow, and would feel horrible if instead my beta style would hurt your confidence and joy in writing.
As a beta, I am open to almost anything. I want to provide the services YOU need, so please contact me if you want to make sure my abilities mesh with your needs. For example, I will beta non-MCU fics but won’t be able to help with whether characters are OOC for that universe; I am open to most pairings but may not have enough in-depth knowledge about the characters to weigh in on whether the relationship feels natural for someone more familiar with canon/fandom interpretations of that relationship. I love the relationships I’ve got listed up above, but I am definitely open to other pairings upon request!
*I have not seen Infinity War, Endgame, or Far From Home.* I will gladly beta for fics set during/after those films, but can’t weigh in on how well it sticks to canon. That may change by the time I get around to beta work, but if not – I’ve tried to keep up with what’s happened through spoilers and whatnot, so hopefully that helps. I take the perspective that the writer gets to do whatever they want with their plot and characterizations, because it’s theirs now, so I focus on making sure that it makes sense within the universe you’ve created rather than needing to be exactly as canon would be.
My RL job is tax accounting, and there’s quite a few deadlines that limit my availability. If you have a regular posting schedule, then from Aug 15-Nov 15 and Jan 15-May 15 you’d have to keep me 2-5 chapters/weeks ahead of your schedule depending on the kind of beta work you’d like me to do. I always try to get things done far sooner as much as possible (I love to beta!), but timing is a big factor that I want to be upfront about because sometimes I may drop off the face of the earth for a few weeks. I do my best to respond asap, even if it’s just to say I’m busy and will get back to you as soon as I get the chance.
For a couple different reasons, not all of my 2018 MTH auctions are done. Those auctions will take a priority over these 2019 MTH offerings, but I’m confident that I can handle these new auctions while I finish wrapping up the old ones!
I’ve worked with varying levels of writers in the past (from marking a few things per page for basically-complete works, to helping re-write chunks of dialogue & standardize characterization throughout the fic). These aren’t minimums, you don’t have to pay any certain amount for the kind of services you want, but here’s some suggested levels:
– $5: final-round beta, or <2k
– $10: mostly drafted works, or 5k+
– $20: rough drafts, dialogue help, or 10k+
– $50: series, 50k+
Both my beta offerings are the same, so bid on whichever you like!
TL;DR – please make sure a more in-depth, lots-of-comments beta style and limited/inconsistent timing are okay with you. I am more than happy to chat if you have any questions for me or want to discuss the work you’d like me to help you with!