- Preferred Contact Methods:
- Tumblr: therealstartraveller776
- Preferred Charities:
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
Room to Read
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
World Central Kitchen
- Will create works that contain:
- Most AUs, angst, crack, dark!characters, humor, drama, enemies-to-lovers, family, romance, friendship, hurt/comfort
- Will NOT create works that contain:
- Fluff, kidfic, pregnancy, ABO, BDSM, most kinks, major character death, underage (particularly adult/minor), incest (including adoptive relationships), noncon, Hydra-centric plot
Ratings: Gen, Teen
- Loki any gen - MCU
Jane Foster any gen - MCU
Darcy Lewis any gen - MCU
Thor any gen - MCU
Jane Foster/Thor - MCU
Sif/Thor - MCU
Bucky Barnes & Steve Rogers - MCU
Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers - MCU
Jane Foster/Loki - MCU
Fandral/Darcy Lewis - MCU
- Work Description:
- For the winning bid, I will beta one story with a maximum of 25k words. I do have some limitations on what I'm comfortable beta reading, so please contact me before you bid! I might also have some flexibility with the general (non-romantic) relationships on my list. Again, message me!
I have 15+ years experience beta reading for various fandoms, and I also do freelance editing in my professional life. I've even co-run an online creative writing workshop in the past! My strengths lie in helping writers with story development and pacing (in all genres), penning dynamic prose within the author's unique narrative voice, and consistent, canon-compliant characterizations—as well as checking for grammar and typos. I also have some specialized knowledge of American military. Though it doesn't exactly give you an example of my beta reading abilities, feel free to give my own fanworks a gander on AO3 to see my experience with genres that run the gamut from parody/crack!fic to drama and even dark!fic.
You determine the beta-reading experience you get from me. I generally do in-line notes or comments (depending on the document format) with a summary of final thoughts at the end. How in-depth those notes are, however, is up to you! Please contact me before bidding to see if I'm going to be a good fit for your needs. My experience with Marvel canon is relegated exclusively to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and does not include Marvel television series or films with Marvel characters produced by other companies.
-$5: final polish or up to 2k words
-$15: 2nd+ draft or 3k - 6k words
-$30: rough draft, more in-depth help with pacing/plotting/prose/dialogue, or 7k - 15k words
-$40+: rough drafts, in-depth help on pacing/pacing/prose/dialogue, or 16k - 25k words
I'm currently freelance editing a novella for a professional author, so I cannot guarantee that I am immediately available when the bidding is over. Once that's complete, I'm all yours! Turn around for a full 25k fic can be a few weeks, depending on how much help you want from me.