See AuroraWest’s existing works here.
- Preferred Contact Methods:
- Tumblr: aurorawest
- Preferred Charities:
- Anything from the list of approved organizations
- Will create works that contain:
- Complicated relationships, magic, established relationships, Revengers, Asgard, fluff, angst, dark fic, romance, gen, Thor franchise, Doctor Strange franchise, Loki fic, Stephen Strange fic. I’m more about the idea/prompt than specific tropes so the list of things I’ll write is too long to include here.
- Will NOT create works that contain:
- A/B/O, Genderswap (including Lady Loki), intersex Loki, Jotun Loki, kidfic, anything pregnancy related, any OG Avengers as main characters (except Thor), polyships, hard BDSM (unless we're talking some sort of dub/non-con situation, in which case I'll write it), age play kinks, bestiality.
Beta: I will not beta read fics that contain any of my DNWs, with one exception, which is that I will beta fics that are OG Avengers-centric. Additionally, I will not beta fics that contain the following ships: Ironstrange, Frostiron, soft Frostmaster, Sylki, Tony Stark-centric
Pod Bids Welcome? Yes - Podbids welcome!
Opening Bid: $10
Ratings: Gen, Teen, Mature, Explicit
- Loki-centric - MCU
Stephen Strange-centric - MCU
Thor-centric - MCU
Valkyrie-centric - MCU
Jane Foster-centric - MCU
- Work Description:
- I'm offering to beta read a fanfiction with the following tiers:
up to 5k - starting bid ($10)
up to 10k - $20
up to 20k - $30
up to 30k - $40
up to 40K - $50
As a beta reader, I'm excellent at reading for SPAG (spelling and grammar) and structure. I always respect the author's voice while betaing, even when very different from my own. I'm a permanent beta for one author and also beta read occasionally for others. Here are examples of fics I've beta read:
- 1 (chapters 17-19 and 40-47)
I'm kind of a 'no beta we die like men' author, in that I trust my editing skills enough that most of my own work is unbetaed—check out my AO3 page for my writing.
I'll beta read most things, even if they aren't listed in my relationships above, but the depth will depend on my familiarity with the characters and universe. The characters I listed above are ones I feel comfortable beta reading for characterization. If I'm more unfamiliar with the characters or franchise, I would only be able to do SPAG and structure. Basic fact checking with Google would be included no matter what. I can America-pick and, to a limited extent, Brit-pick (I'm not British, but I lived there for a couple years and am married to a Briton). I have an academic background in archaeology. I also know a lot about the Medicare business if you happen to be writing about senior citizens XD