Embroidery by Rebecca
- Preferred Contact Methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferred Charities:
- Anything from the list of approved organizations
- Will create works that contain:
- comic books, golden age comics, silver age comics, bronze age comics, modern comics, comic book covers, comic panels, comic portraits, comic action scenes, comic humor
- Will NOT create works that contain:
- explicit sexual content, gore, excessive violence
Ratings: Gen, Teen, Mature
- Captain America fandom any gen and ship - 616
Avengers fandom any gen and ship - 616
She-Hulk fandom any gen and ship - 616
X-Men fandom any gen and ship - 616
- Work Description:
- The winning bidder for this auction will receive a custom-made embroidery work featuring one or two Marvel characters. I specifically stitch from official Marvel comics, and I incorporate embroidery floss, watercolors, and even fabric to recreate the comic as accurately as possible with textiles.
The winner will choose* either their favorite comic cover or their favorite comic panel to have embroidered onto aida cloth in a bamboo hoop up to 8" in diameter. I am happy to help search for comics with specific characters or scenes. If the winner wants two characters, the reference itself will need to include both characters. I chose my "Relationships" based on what I commonly stitch, but if you do not see the character(s) or fandom you want in that section, please feel free to contact me to discuss! I am willing to stitch just about any comic panel, as long as it follows my DNWs.
An embroidery project takes me a minimum of two months to complete. I will be able to start this work in early 2021, and I will remain in contact with the winner during the process. I ask that the winner make their choice no later than March 2021 to allow me enough time to finish the work before November 2021.
*I will make every effort to stitch the winner’s first choice, but the needlecraft medium does come with some limits. Because I want to create the best work possible, as perfect a match to the original as I can, the winner should prepare 2-3 selections.