Embroidery by Rebecca
- Preferred Contact Methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preferred Charities:
- Anything from the list of approved organizations
- Will create works that contain:
- comic books, golden age comics, silver age comics, bronze age comics, modern comics, comic book covers, comic panels, comic portraits, comic action scenes, comic humor
- Will NOT create works that contain:
- explicit sexual content, gore, excessive violence
Pod Bids Welcome? Yes - Podbids welcome!
Opening Bid: $100
Ratings: Gen, Teen, Mature
- Steve Rogers-centric - Any Universe
Jennifer Walters-centric - Any Universe
X-Men fandom any gen and ship - Any Universe
Avengers fandom any gen - Any Universe
Remy LeBeau/Rogue - Any Universe
Clint Barton-centric - Any Universe
- Work Description:
- The winning bidder for this auction will receive a custom-made embroidery work featuring one or two Marvel characters. I specifically stitch from official Marvel comics, usually published comic covers and comic panels. The size of the work depends on the chosen reference, but it is usually between 6 - 8 inches (15 - 20 cm) across. I have done multi-panel, multi-character commissions for MTH winners in the past, but these were for bids greater than $350. If the winning bid is at least $350, we can discuss more complex comics and/or multi-panel comics.
I will make every effort to stitch the winner’s first choice, but the needlepoint medium does come with some limits. Because I want to create the best work possible, as perfect a match to the original as I can, it is best if the winner has 2-3 possible options in case their first preference won't be stitchable.
I'm open to all sorts of characters and comics, so my ships and universes listed with this bid description aren't an exclusive list, they're just the characters I stitch the most. As long as the comic doesn't include anything from my Will Not Create list, it's up for discussion!
I am happy to help search for comics with specific characters or scenes, but I can't guarantee that I'll find it. If the winner wants two characters, the reference itself will need to include both characters. I incorporate embroidery floss, watercolors, and even fabric to recreate the comic as accurately as possible with textiles. An embroidery project takes me a minimum of two months to complete and has taken me 14 months in the past. I will stay in contact during the commission period, but please be aware that good stitchin' takes time 🙂
I will cover up to $20 USD in shipping cost, and the winner will be responsible for any additional shipping costs. I will ship internationally, but be aware that shipping can cost over $50 USD depending on the size of the hoop(s) and number of hoops that need to be shipped. The embroidery(s) will be carefully packaged so that any shipping damage to the packaging should not affect the embroidery.